On Monday, March 16, Governor Bill Lee recommended all schools in Tennessee remain closed through Tuesday, March 31, to further mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Our teachers will be participating with ONLINE in-service days on Monday, March 23, and Tuesday, March 24, with the intention to begin remote learning on Wednesday, March 25. This plan will include your student interacting daily with their teachers remotely.
Your individual building principal will be communicating directly to you with official details for the remote learning plan designated for specific grade levels.
In addition, all athletics and extracurricular activities are canceled through the March 31 date that Governor Lee has chosen for statewide school closures.
Health officials remind everyone to take steps to stop the spread of germs like COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for twenty seconds. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Stay home if you are sick
- Stay away from people who are sick
- Refrain from shaking hands and instead bump elbows
Additionally, we want to reinforce that there is not an active concern of COVID-19 within our school community. Let’s all do our part in practicing the recommended social distancing strategy to help slow down the spread of the virus, while we move to a remote learning strategy starting Wednesday, March 25.